I have my standard chocolate chip cookie recipe that I use when I make a couple dozen but what about when you only want to make about eight cookies. Well, look no further because I have the perfect recipe for you.
Gather all of the ingredients you'll need - easier to have everything right in front of you.
I never have room temperature butter so I slightly melt in the microwave.
Add as many milk chocolate chips as you want, I use about 3 Tablespoons. I actually prefer just the cookie, my husband likes a small amount of chocolate, and our son recommends as many chips as possible and then add M&Ms.
And the finished cookies. I also stopped at the store today to get vanilla ice cream because my husband prefers his cookies with ice cream.
So for the entire recipe…
Chocolate Chip Cookies - An Easy Eight!
4 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. white sugar
4 Tbsp. brown sugar, packed
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. all purpose flour
3 Tbsp. milk chocolate chips
and if you have a kid like mine - M&Ms
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Blend together softened butter, sugars, salt, and vanilla.
3. Mix in egg yolks.
4. Add baking soda and flour, mix well.
5. Fold in your chocolate chips.
6. Drop teaspoon sized balls onto cookie sheet. (Remember they will expand.)
7. Bake for about 8-9 minutes, edges just turing to golden brown.
How do you prefer your chocolate chip cookies?