Sunday, February 16, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies - An Easy Eight!

I love to bake but being that we are a small family, sometimes it's hard to bake something that you don't have to eat for days. With two adults and a picky five year old, sometimes cakes last too long and with neighbors that are snowbirds, I find making desserts in smaller portions really works for our family. 

I have my standard chocolate chip cookie recipe that I use when I make a couple dozen but what about when you only want to make about eight cookies. Well, look no further because I have the perfect recipe for you. 


Gather all of the ingredients you'll need - easier to have everything right in front of you.


I never have room temperature butter so I slightly melt in the microwave.



 Add the sugars, salt, and vanilla. Mix together really well.



 Add the egg yolks. Remember not the whites.



Now it's time to make the batter actually look like cookie dough with the baking soda and flour.



Add as many milk chocolate chips as you want, I use about 3 Tablespoons. I actually prefer just the cookie, my husband likes a small amount of chocolate, and our son recommends as many chips as possible and then add M&Ms.



Start placing teaspoon size amounts onto your parchment paper so you don't have to wash the cookie pan. :) Who wants to wash more dishes? Definitely not this momma.



 Add the M&Ms to as much batter as you or your family prefers.



I actually get 9 cookies because of the chocolate candy. So 2 of the cookies are especially for my son; which he thinks is just fantastic because he knows no one will eat them.


And the finished cookies. I also stopped at the store today to get vanilla ice cream because my husband prefers his cookies with ice cream. 

So for the entire recipe…


Chocolate Chip Cookies - An Easy Eight!

Ingredients
4 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. white sugar
4 Tbsp. brown sugar, packed
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. all purpose flour
3 Tbsp. milk chocolate chips
and if you have a kid like mine - M&Ms

Make It
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. 
2. Blend together softened butter, sugars, salt, and vanilla. 
3. Mix in egg yolks. 
4. Add baking soda and flour, mix well. 
5. Fold in your chocolate chips. 
6. Drop teaspoon sized balls onto cookie sheet. (Remember they will expand.)
7. Bake for about 8-9 minutes, edges just turing to golden brown. 



How do you prefer your chocolate chip cookies? 

No comments:

Post a Comment