Tuesday, September 16, 2014

No More School

This week is now the third week of school for my son and well, to be very honest, I hate school. Does my son know how much I don't want him to go - no, he looks forward to each day. Especially certain days with computer lab and gym. And he really enjoys riding the bus, especially in the morning. Even after the eleventh day, I still feel like a little piece of my heart is being ripped at when he walks out the door.

Last week I thought, okay, second week and I'm doing much better than the collapse of a weeping/sobbing mess on the driveway as my husband coaxed, "it'll get easier." For two weeks, I could handle it, I did handle it, but now, I'm ready to be done. For those two weeks, it gave my son something to do, a break from his little sister, he got to meet new friends, and got to do fun things...but I just want it to be over.




I feel like I'm just whining and I am, I want him to be home.

Other kids in his class had some problems adjusting and mine seems to be doing pretty good. I'm the one having issues adjusting.

Here's just a small clip from the many conversations my husband and I have had about school.

Matt: I understand he's your 'baby' and you are going to have trouble with him growing up but he likes it (school). He looks forward to it. Just imagine if he had some problems adjusting or if he was begging not to go.

Me: Yes, I know and if he had issues like some of the kids, our conversation would be about homeschooling because I'd be ready to pull him out. I'd want to be protective and figure it would be better. God is making this almost as easy as possible for me and I'm still struggling. 

Matt: It'll get easier, but it will always be hard for you. When he's in first grade, sixth grade, a senior, even when he's grown and he has an issue with his boss, you are going to hate it and want to fix it. He'll be okay. 

Me: Are you trying to give me a heart attack?! I can't even think about that, I'm in the third week of Kindergarten, that's enough!

I'm thankful that my husband is keeping a more level head about this because I'm about as emotional as I can get.

Anytime I have a little crying spell my baby girl puts her hand on my shoulder and stares into my eyes like I've lost my mind and she can't figure out why I have tears. However, even she misses her brother. She waves like crazy when he gets home and wants to be near him for the remainder of the afternoon.

Is it time for the bus yet?!

No comments:

Post a Comment