Tuesday, January 14, 2014

How Our Day Started

This morning I woke up and thought I heard our front door close, which immediately led me to believe that either I was dreaming and didn't really hear it or my husband got home early from his shift. So I remained still and listened because if someone was moving downstairs or coming upstairs I would certainly know. Well no movement inside the house, I rolled over to look at the clock and it was 6:10 a.m., my alarm would go off in five minutes so I thought I'll just lay here for a couple minutes before I get up to brush my teeth.

Those five minutes went rather quickly and after the alarm I went in the bathroom to brush my teeth. For some reason I thought I should check our son's room to make sure he wasn't up. I didn't figure he was because as soon as he wakes up, if I'm not up, he gets me up. ALWAYS! 

Why would today be any different?!? Here's why I had an extra feeling to check, yesterday when I picked him up at school a friend came out with him and they were laughing about how they were going to break out at midnight and meet up. Then they were going to order pizza. They were laughing hysterically, which caused the friend's mom and I to laugh and think it was funny, yes two 5-year olds breaking out to order pizza. My son joked, or so I thought, about it last night a couple of hours before he went to bed. 

Later this morning I had
him go back outside.
The last thing I thought about
at 6:15 a.m. was to get the camera,
but this is what I saw.
Back to this morning...I walk over to check to make sure he's still asleep and I find the light on, an empty bed, and a glow downstairs coming through the door. I raced down the steps to open the door and what do I find you ask…a little boy in pajamas, a coat and winter hat on, with a phone, flashlight, and pizza menu in his hand. The first question was of course, "What are you doing? It's cold! And oh my gosh, get in here!" 

He went to the porch to call and order pizza while waiting for his friend because he figured he couldn't get to the school because he doesn't know how to drive. He tried to call the pizza number to order but he couldn't get anyone to pick up and told me he wasn't sure if he dialed the numbers in order.

OH MY GOSH!


Baby girl decided she wanted
to call for pizza too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment