Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Gift of Being Together

I don't think most kids would say the gift of being together was their favorite Christmas gift, most would choose a material gift, and as a child I would have too. Because like my son, I was always with my family on Christmas so I was able to take that for granted. For the first time in a long time, my husband was able to take time off over the holidays and be home with us. Things weren't rushed over the two days at Christmas or the New Years Eve party we had - just the four of us (with midnight being 8:30 pm for our five year old). We relaxed, we visited extended family, and just enjoyed being together and playing with the toys and gifts we received. 

Now for the material favorites...
because our son definitely picked his!

The forest jail was definitely the favorite.
A close second was the snowboarding ticket.

A favorite outfit - Daddy's Princes.

A mirror! Need I say more?

A favorite of Momma's.

Dad received a pipe - I guess this might be a new hobby.
Honestly I wasn't in love with this idea but it fits him.
He'll end up starting the new trend! (1/2/13)


No comments:

Post a Comment