Monday, March 3, 2014

Dr. Seuss Books at Bedtime

Each night I read my son a story before he goes to bed, well unless it waaay past bedtime, and this week we are only reading Dr. Seuss books. Last night was my turn to choose the book - "Green Eggs and Ham," and tonight he picked - "The Foot Book." He decided that we'd only read Dr. Seuss this week since his birthday was yesterday (March 2nd) and because of the special week at school featuring everything Seuss.

Anyway, I chose "Green Eggs and Ham" thinking when I asked him what he'd like for breakfast he'd say green eggs. He won't eat eggs at home unless they're green and he wouldn't eat them at all until he went to school last year and the teacher made them for the class. Keep in mind that her toast was better than mine, her ham was great, and "the green eggs were really green, Mom." He was so excited to have eaten green eggs. I offered the next day to make him eggs that were green too; mine didn't even taste the same. Please don't read this and think I'm complaining, I'm definitely not...we just have a hard time determining what will be served at breakfast and I thought I'd make it easy on myself. So much for that! :)

Have you ever read "The Foot Book" and do you remember any of it? Well lots of opposites and of course, rhyming. Even though my little guy can't read yet, he liked being able to guess/read/infer parts of the story. "….small feet (mom reads), big feet (son reads)…" After finishing the story, he asked me if he could pick this book again on his turn so he can read and I could pick "The Lorax" tomorrow night because he likes that one too.

Do you have a favorite Dr. Seuss book? If so, please let me a note in the comments section.



5 Lessons in Life from Dr. Seuss

1. Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. 
2. Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
3. You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. 
4. Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. 
5. Today I shall behave, as if this is the day I will be remembered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment