Sunday, August 4, 2013

Fun at Nana & Pappy's

Today I drove to pick our son up from his Nana and Pappy's, well actually we decided to meet at my son's great-great grandma's. Yes we have five generations on my side of the family and with the exception of my kids, the rest of us are about 20 years apart. I had my children at 24 and 29 so I broke the tradition. 

Anyway, we don't live extremely close to our family so if my son stays with my mom, like this time, my dad, or my husband's parents he usually stays two nights because it's too much of a drive to only stay one night. He is not always crazy about the two nights but if he's busy he forgets about not being able to sleep in his own bed. As you can see from the pictures, they kept him extremely busy and I'm sure tonight they are exhausted too. 
Dirt Bike, Peddling the Fire Truck,
Temp Tattoos & Side by Side

I don't even have the majority of the pictures my mom took, she's really good at remembering to take photos, especially compared to me who usually doesn't ever remember. I'm trying to get better about this but I was never one to scrapbook or put photo albums together for others. 

I was so thrilled he had such a good time and lately because my son and I have a lot of the same qualities, we were butting heads and challenging each other so we needed a small break to catch our breaths. I teased him and told him that daddy, the baby and I didn't have nearly as much fun as he did or do anything as cool. So he felt especially special! And any parent knows that is a fabulous feeling. 




No comments:

Post a Comment