Sunday, July 28, 2013

Primanti Bros. Kid

How many of you don't know what Primanti Bros. is? Well if you live near Pittsburgh, then you probably grew up knowing exactly what they serve and what to order - I grew up about two hours from Pittsburgh and knew at a very young age about a Primanti's sandwich. For those of you that might not know, it's an awesome place with the original restaurant in the Pittsburgh Strip District, being most famous for putting coleslaw and french fries on the sandwich. 

The restaurant was featured on the Travel Channel's Man vs. Food - when the reason for putting everything on the sandwich was given - truckers that were traveling needed a quick way to eat and only use one hand to do it while driving.

Anyway, I'm not sure I know of anyone that doesn't love this place and if you've ever been to Heinz Field or PNC Park to have a sandwich, well please go to the restaurant - it's a whole different experience and in my opinion so much better. My husband and I have been to the restaurants several times and he always gets one if we go to any Pittsburgh game but at this most recent outing the whole family went. We went to the Primanti's in the South Hills because we were in the area for my son's doctor appointment...so my son decided he wanted pizza, they have a large menu at this location. Well..."it is the best pizza I've ever had." He was crazy about it and pizza is probably his favorite food (besides chocolate) so he has a lot of comparison. He talked about how great it was through our entire lunch. 

When we were leaving he asked his dad why we don't go to that restaurant more often, his dad and I explained it's really not close our home and we actually don't go out to eat a lot because it's sometimes difficult to take kids out to eat. Anyway, he had the perfect solution - "let's move closer to the restaurant, daddy you can just drive further to work and then we can go there for pizza all the time." I tried my hardest not to laugh out loud but it was so cute because he hated the process of moving when we did it in February but he would completely go through it all again to live closer to Primati's. 

If you haven't tried it, please do and let me know if you love it as much as we do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment