Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Movie Date

Our son has been an only child for almost five years so we knew that we'd have at least a little struggle for attention when the baby arrived. My husband and I talked often about this before the new baby and have continued to talk about it now but while I was pregnant I thought every month I would try to have a Momma and Son Date. A date for just the two of us when we would do something fun and special. Today we went on our date and saw the movie Monsters University at the theater. And being that it was a fun date we ate an entire large bucket of popcorn and M&M's. Hey it was a special day so I didn't want to think about needing to lose the baby weight.

Anyway, we had a fabulous time, we both laughed at the movie and during the fraternity party we danced in our seats. Yes, my son thought I was silly and have no doubt that I'll end up embarrassing him when he gets older but for now - he thinks I'm funny. I'm satisfied with that :).  I have to say I have always loved Disney movies, bright, colorful, and just done extremely well.

If you haven't seen the movie I would encourage you to go - and I need to tell my favorite part. (Not the exact words but the overall message)
Johnny Worthington tells Mike: When you lose tomorrow (in the Scare Games) no one will ever remember you.
Mike responds: When you lose tomorrow everyone will remember.

Loved my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment