Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Two Hour Delay

I know there will come a day that my son actually likes a two hour delay and loves a day off of school but right now, he would much rather go to school. He attends preschool three days a week and he was disappointed with his Christmas/Winter break and this morning he had a delay because of the frigid weather. He was upset because he wouldn't get to have snack with his friends and then who would be the classroom helper.

Not only did he ask me several times between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 10 a.m. if it was time to go to school but he actually ran to get in the car and into the school. And yes, you read that right, he still wanted to get up at 6:30 a.m.

When I picked him up I found out that having a delay wasn't that bad because they did have snack ... cheese sticks, pretzels and juice. He regularly doesn't tell me about the sign language letters they are learning, the letter and numbers of the week, the stories they are reading, the projects and etc. but I do hear about snack, who he sat by at lunch and if he talked to someone quietly during nap time.

I see and hear throughout the other days how much he is learning so I don't mind that I only get the food and nap updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment